A' la carte menu of 21 hours of hotel education
(Singapore, 19 May 2020) In response to the unique challenges of 2020, the Hospitality Sales and Marketing Association International (HSMAI) is proud to present ROC@Home, a day-long experience designed to help hoteliers improve their skills around marketing and Revenue Management. Wednesday, 17th June 2020.
ROC@Home is not a virtual conference, it is an opportunity for hotel revenue professionals to reset, refocus, and re-energise, with an exclusive free toolkit to guide learning and engagement, and more than 20 live expert-led sessions hosted by HSMAI’s regions around the globe. Hoteliers can design their own day of learning with or without their teams.
“ROC@Home is the first experience of its kind,” said Robert A. Gilbert, CHME, CHBA, president and CEO of HSMAI. “By focusing the attention and energy of revenue professionals from around the globe, HSMAI’s regions have curated the best learning from the best experts who have the insights, tools, and resources needed to lead the industry into recovery.”
DESIGN YOUR OWN DAY OF LEARNING!
“Now more than ever, an event like ROC@Home provides a much-needed opportunity to connect to the industry through a broad network of the best talent,” said Mark McBride, senior director of revenue management for All Suites and Focused Service Brands, Hilton. “At a time when revenue management teams need to think outside the box, resources like HSMAI can plant the seeds of thought that lead to great success stories. I’m looking forward to an experience that is both uniting and insightful.”
At the heart of ROC@Home is a range of live learning sessions to improve your everyday revenue skills and learn more about the state of the economies in your source markets.
Highlights of ROC@Home Live Sessions
Each HSMAI region is offering live virtual sessions to share important perspectives from industry experts. Highlights include:
» HSMAI Asia Pacific
- The State of the Asia Pacific Economy
- Tony Webber, director, Air Intelligence
- How to re-position your Hotel F&B to succeed in the ‘new’ restaurant reality
- Professor Sherri Kimes, Emeritus Professor, Cornell & Visiting Professor, NUS
- Re-imagine your Market Segments – A Revenue Focus
- Shannon Knapp, director, SKnapp Consulting & HSMAI Trainer
- Audit your Room types
- Tamie Matthews, Director, RevenYou & HSMAI Trainer
» HSMAI Middle East
- State of the Economy and an Outlook on the Middle East
- Mohamed Abu Basha, Director, Head of Macroeconomic Analysis, EFG Hermes Holding
- Let’s Build the Business Recovery Strategy
- Raquel Lopez, Yas Plaza Hotels & Mark Ryan, IHG
» HSMAI Americas
- The North American Travel Economy in 2020: The Impact and Recovery Outlook as the COVID-19 Pandemic Subsides
- Shawn DuBravac, PhD, president of Avrio Institute, economist, futurist
- An exclusive pre-recorded keynote from Dr. Jannell MacAulay, a combat veteran, leader, and mindfulness advocate. MacAulay provides valuable tools to get the most out of the one thing everyone has total control over: Their mindset.
» HSMAI Europe
- The State of the Europe Economy
The ROC@Home FREE Toolkit
- Advice and inspiration from some of the world’s most respected revenue optimization leaders.
- A recorded webinar on Pricing Psychology in Challenging Times that illustrates, based on data from the 2009-2010 recession, the implications of price changes during low demand periods.
- “Lightning Round” video presentations from recent HSMAI strategy conferences that can fuel conversation on strategy and tactics.
- Lessons and tools for auditing different room types, updating (or completing for the first time) a competitive SWOT to better navigate the current landscape, and a short online lesson on “Customer Price-Value Analysis.”
- Encouragement and leadership from some of the industry’s most respected hotel company CEOs from around the globe.
- And much more for hoteliers to frame their “education day”
Hospitality and tourism professionals can participate either with their teams in-person or virtually, or on their own, and can now sign up to receive the free toolkit and be part of a ROC@Home Industry Survey.
Registration is also available now for the more than 20 regional live sessions for a $25 (USD) fee. To learn more and participate, visit www.hsmairoc.org.
HSMAI Asia Pacific is pleased to thank Cendyn, RateGain and CVent for supporting multiple ROC events around the globe. For information on becoming a ROC@Home sponsor, contact Elise Rhinehart at firstname.lastname@example.org.
HSMAI is a global organization of sales, marketing, and revenue optimization professionals representing all segments of the hospitality industry. With a strong focus on education, HSMAI leads the way in identifying and communicating trends in the hospitality industry. Operating as a leading voice for both hospitality and for the sales, marketing, and revenue optimization disciplines, HSMAI connects its members with customers. Founded in the United States in 1927, HSMAI is a membership organization comprising 5,000 members from 35 countries and chapters worldwide. HSMAI operates around the globe via regional boards of directors and staff. There are four regions: the Americas, Asia Pacific, Europe, and the Middle East. Each region has signature programs and services for association members. HSMAI has a Global board which is made up of delegates from each region.