Understanding the Accommodation Market
Be job ready
Affordable from US$50*
Pathway to Revenue
12 Months Access
This course explains the marketplace for accommodation. You’ll learn the basics of economics and the role it plays in the revenue function. Learning how to identify your competitors, benchmark your property against theirs and how to win more business from them is a big part of the revenue role. This course will teach you how to read competitor reports and gain some insights from them that you can action to improve your profits.
You will learn
- What are the fundamental principles of Economics and their role in Hotel Revenue Management?
- How do Revenue Directors monitor and measure their competitor marketplace?
- How do Hotel Managers identify true competitor properties?
- How do you read competitor reports and use other data to derive strategic insights, and use the data to make better decisions?
- Those pursuing the HSMAI Revenue Ready “Certificate in Revenue Management (Hospitality)”
- This course can be a standalone course for people wanting to learn about the methods hoteliers can use to improve revenue in their local marketplace.
- This course serves as a learning base for those who wish to do further study on revenue management to get into a revenue role;
- People just starting in the revenue department will benefit from learning how revenue people can influence booking volumes at their property.
- Vendors or partners in the travel & tourism industry interested in how accommodation providers measure and manage the competitive market.
This course is created by Hoteliers, for Hoteliers. The leaders in hotels around the global have worked together to create a curriculum for people looking to grow their careers in revenue management. The authors of this course are the HSMAI Revenue Advisory Board. Read more about the hotel leaders who helped create this course.
- HSMAI Members pay only US$50 for this course, or get your Certificate and complete the 10-course program for just US$350, a saving of US$150
- Non-members pay only US$65 for the single course, or get your Certificate and complete the 10-course program for just US$500
- One step closer in getting your Certificate in Revenue Management (Hospitality)
- 12 months online access to course material
- Globally recognised, HSMAI accredited course