Market Segmentation for Hotels
Be job ready
Affordable from US$55*
Pathway to Revenue
12 Months Access
Hotel Market Segmentation
The hotel industry, like most industries segment their markets (which is their customers and potential customers) into different segments to understand them more to allow a customised product and message to be developed for each segment. This online course in Hotel Market Segmentation is a fundamental way to increase revenue to your business. If you are in any role in the hospitality industry, you will need to know who your customers are and the segments they belong to. This course covers the standard segments used in the hotel industry, including definitions and how you can increase your property’s revenue and profits with that knowledge.
This course blends learning from text, images, video, research and articles providing you with the opportunity to study segmentation in as much detail as you would like.
You will learn
- The definition of market segmentation in the Accommodation Industry
- How to define each segment
- The difference between a channel and a segment?
- How to use this segmentation to gain insights and improve revenue and profit results
- Understand different consumer behaviours in different channels
- Understand the different terms and strategies used; Segments vs Channels vs personalised offers
- Those pursuing the HSMAI Revenue Ready “Certificate of Revenue Management (Hospitality)”
- This course can be a standalone course for hoteliers wanting to learn about the methods hotels can use to bring in more bookings and more revenue. You could be an asset owner, management company, holiday rental agent or hotelier wondering if it’s worth investing in digital marketing.
- This course serves as a learning base for those who wish to do further study on revenue management or hotel sales or marketing;
- People just starting in the revenue or digital marketing department will benefit from learning how revenue people can influence booking volumes at their property.
This course is created by Hoteliers, for Hoteliers. The leaders in hotels around the global have worked together to create a curriculum for people looking to grow their careers in revenue management. The authors of this course are the HSMAI Revenue Advisory Board. Read more about the hotel leaders who helped create this course.
- HSMAI Members pay only US$50 for this course, or get your Certificate and complete the 10-course program for just US$350, a saving of US$150
- Non-members pay only US$65 for the single course, or get your Certificate and complete the 10-course program for just US$500
- One step closer in getting your Certificate in Revenue Management (Hospitality)
- 12 months online access to course material
- Globally recognised, HSMAI accredited course