Be job ready
Affordable from US$55*
Pathway to Revenue
12 Months Access
This course covers the landscape and management of accommodation distribution and explains the role of distribution costs in a revenue strategy. Growth in digital travel shopping has provided many additional competitive options for consumers, which provides hotels with many more potential sources of revenue. This course is a starting point for any member of the hotel community to better understand distribution dynamics and its impact on hotel profitability.
Please allow for approximately 90 minutes to complete this course, including quizzes and checks for understanding along the way.
You will learn
- The definition of Distribution within the Accommodation sector
- The definition of accommodation Inventory and how it is managed
- The types of distribution channels
- The factors of the Cost of Sale
- The steps to implementing a successful Distribution Strategy
- The important role of technology in a Distribution Strategy
- The definition of Rate Parity and its role in Distribution
- An introduction to Digital Distribution
- Those pursuing the HSMAI Revenue Ready “Certificate in Revenue Management (Hospitality)”
- This course can be a standalone course for People wanting to learn about the methods hoteliers can use to distribute their rooms to the global marketplace. You could be an asset owner, management company, holiday rental agent or hotelier wondering if it’s worth investing funds into distribution systems.
- This course serves as a learning base for those who wish to do further study on revenue management to get into a revenue role;
- People just starting in the revenue department will benefit from learning how revenue people can influence booking volumes at their property.
- Vendors or partners in the travel & tourism industry interested in how accommodation distribution works.
This course is created by Hoteliers, for Hoteliers. The leaders in hotels around the global have worked together to create a curriculum for people looking to grow their careers in revenue management. The course was developed by the HSMAI Revenue Advisory Board with the kind support of Siteminder,
Read more about the hotel leaders who helped create this course.
- HSMAI Members pay only US$55 for this course, or get your Certificate and complete the 10-course program for just US$350, a saving of US$150
- Non-members pay only US$65 for the single course, or get your Certificate and complete the 10-course program for just US$500
- One step closer in getting your Certificate in Revenue Management (Hospitality)
- 12-months online access to course material
- Globally recognised, HSMAI accredited course