Be job ready
Affordable from US$55
Pathway to Revenue
12 Months Access
This course covers the landscape and management of accommodation distribution and explains the role of distribution costs in a revenue strategy. Growth in digital travel shopping has provided many competitive options for consumers, which provides hotels with many more potential sources of revenue. This course is a starting point to better understand distribution dynamics and its impact on hotel profitability.
Please allow for approximately 90 minutes to complete this course, including quizzes and checks for understanding along the way.
You will learn:
- The definition of “distribution” within the accommodation sector
- The types of distribution channels within the accommodation sector
- The definition of “accommodation inventory” and how it is managed
- What factors into the cost of sale for hotel rooms
- The important role technology plays in a distribution strategy
- The definition of “rate parity” and its role in distribution
- The basics of digital distribution
- The steps to implementing a successful distribution strategy
- Those pursuing the HSMAI Certificate in Digital Marketing
- People wanting to learn about the methods hoteliers can use to distribute their rooms to the global marketplace. You could be an asset owner, management company, holiday rental agent or hotelier wondering if it’s worth investing funds into distribution systems.
- People just starting in the revenue department who will benefit from learning how they can influence booking volumes at their property
This course is created by hoteliers for hoteliers. Leaders in hotels around the global have worked together to create a curriculum for people looking to grow their careers in revenue management and digital marketing. The development of this course was supported by Siteminder.
- HSMAI Members pay US$55 for this course (complete the 10-course program and get your Certificate for just US$350…a saving of US$150)
- Non-members pay US$65 for this course (complete the 10-course program and get your Certificate for just US$500)
- Includes online access to course material for 12 months