Understanding Your Guest’s Path to Booking
Be job ready
Affordable from US$55
Pathway to Revenue
12 Months Access
Online training course for hospitality professionals focussing on how guests make their decisions on where to stay during their booking journey.
Research from Cornell University used-eye tracking software and interviews to analyse how consumers make their accommodation decisions, and the process involved. The results found that — far more than price — imagery is a critical component. One of the study’s authors, Stephani K. A. Robson said: “What guests appear to be thinking about is how well all the pieces of information about the hotel—price, brand, photo, ratings, and so on — fit together. They used pictures to imagine themselves at the property and to see if the hotel was the right ‘fit’ for them, so images that provide some sense of the experience, not just what the hotel looks like from the outside, may be powerful, perhaps even more than reviews or ratings which get a lot of attention from the industry.”
Hoteliers need to learn how to influence consumers to book their hotels instead of other properties. To do this, you’ll need an understanding of the customer journey — for holiday-makers, business people, and meeting planners.
You will learn:
- How customers shop for accommodations
- What drives the customer search and selection process
- What influences customers’ choices during search (including travel agents)
- The customer journey — from dreaming about a trip to shopping, booking, and experiencing the trip
- How meeting planners decide on a venue
- What hotel loyalty programs are, how they influence guests’ selection of accommodation, how they drive additional revenue for hotels, and how revenue managers leverage the benefits of hotel loyalty programs
- Those pursuing the HSMAI Certificate in Revenue Management (Hospitality) or the Certificate in Digital Marketing
- People wanting to learn about the methods hoteliers can use to bring in more bookings and more revenue
- Asset owners, management company leaders, holiday rental agents, and hoteliers wondering if it’s worth investing in digital marketing
- People just starting in the revenue or marketing department who will benefit from learning how they can influence booking volumes at their property
This course is created by hoteliers for hoteliers. Leaders in hotels around the global have worked together to create a curriculum for people looking to grow their careers in revenue management and digital marketing.
- HSMAI Members pay US$55 for this course (complete the 10-course program and get your Certificate for just US$400…a saving of US$150)
- Non-members pay US$65 for this course (complete the 10-course program and get your Certificate for just US$550)
- Includes online access to course material for 12 months