HSMAI Hotel Digital & Revenue Workshop
20th & 21st February, 2020
Two days of revenue and digital marketing training
Facilitated by Hospitality Experts
Be job ready
Opportunity to continue with online globally recognised Certificate
The workshop is run over two full days. The aim of this training is to raise the level of knowledge and professionalism of the owner/operators, hotel managers and other Marketing and Revenue hospitality professionals. The result should be improved performance from your community of accommodation operators.
HSMAI works closely with the leaders in the industry to ensure we’re always up to date on the issues and needs for our accommodation managers. This allows us a unique opportunity to develop training sessions tailored to the people managing properties in Australia. This means you will be provided with a professional session, based on the latest industry best practice delivered by 4 expert trainers.
Workshop sessions cover:
- Understanding what influences your guests to book (or not)
- Distribution tactics and strategies
- How to use data to aid your decision making
- Conduct an audit on your hotel
- Increase your corporate bookings
Bring your laptop or tablet for the activities. And don’t forget, you’ll have access to four experts in the room for 2 days so bring along your issues and challenges and let us help you come up with some solutions with the vast amount of experience we will have at your disposal.
Oh, don’t plan to leave early on Friday as the best session is last so book the later flight!
We won’t finish until 5pm.
HSMAI Members pay only AU$780
Non-members pay only AU$900
2nd Person saves 10%
(pay only AU$810 per person for 2 people form the same company)
- 2-day workshop facilitated by expert hoteliers
- Morning/afternoon tea and lunch on both days
- Great networking opportunity to meet your hotel peers
- Owner/ operators of properties
- Hotel and Accommodation Managers
- Staff managing the marketing and revenue for properties
- People just starting in the revenue department of a hotel or resort
- Hotel staff who would like to move into a revenue role
- People wanting to learn how to improve your marketing and revenue foryour property
- Those pursuing the HSMAI Revenue Ready “Certificate of Revenue Management (Hospitality)
This course is created by Hoteliers, for Hoteliers. The leaders in hotels around the global have worked together to create a curriculum for people looking to grow their careers in revenue management. The authors of this course are the HSMAI Revenue and Marketing Advisory Boards. Read more about the hotel leaders who helped create this course.
Understanding your guests’ path to booking – let’s check the customer perspective before we start!
- Why change your room types
- 2020 v 1998 naming conventions
- Setting your upgrade prices
- What to charge for and what not to charge for – spa vs family vs views
- The importance of forecasting – how to do a simple forecast
- Key rate plans to have in place
- How to price – $ or % discount, minimum stays and boopers
- When to create an offer, when to close and where to offer
- Peak v off-peak, weekends v midweek
- Corporate rates
- Monitoring your competition – free tools you can access daily
- Target 100% – updating the channel
- The importance of good photos
- Reviews – why should we respond and when
- Special offers, value adds
- Guest communication
- Why should you contact a market manager
- What questions to ask during the meeting
- What do to with the information following your meeting
- How do corporate travellers make bookings?
- What/who influences where they stay?
- Managed vs Unmanaged business travellers
- Travel Agents
- RFP’s and Lanyon
- Is it time for an update?
- Basic requirements of a “good” website
- Lets look at what you can easily improve
- The importance of good photos
- SEO / SEM / PPC / Adwords – when to spend and why
- How to get more positive reviews
- Why should I respond?
- How should I respond?
- Looking for trends and creating an action plan to improve
- Stopping a negative review before it is posted online
- More than just TripAdvisor
- Why bother
- Practical strategies
- Updating your “Book” button
- Presenting a point of difference
- Taking ownership of the customer
TO BE ADVISED
HSMAI Members AU$780
Non Members AU$900
Groups of 2 or More people AU$810
HOTEL DIGITAL AND REVENUE EXPERT TRAINERS
HSMAI Members AU$780 | Non Members AU$900 | Groups of 2 or More AU$810
CAN’T GET TO A WORKSHOP? STUDY 100% ONLINE TO EARN YOUR CERTIFICATE
The “Certificate in Revenue Management (Hospitality)” is available as a 100% online course for those who can’t attend a workshop. The course was designed to be studied online so is perfect for those on-property people who can’t ‘escape’ to attend a workshop.