Competitive Value analysis for Accommodation providers
Be job ready
Affordable from US$65 to $75
Pathway to Certificate program
12 Months Access
Calculate your room pricing using a product-value assessment
Value-based pricing requires determining what your customers truly value. This can include a high willingness to pay for products and features important for a particular stay, the lowest rate for price-sensitive guests, and everything in between.
In this course, we introduce a unifying framework for examining different methods of accommodation pricing, including:
•Understand the value proposition and rate tactics of your key competitors
•Develop a competitive advantage based on the analysis findings and repositioning a hotel by offering better value for consumers.
•A template spreadsheet is provided to facilitate pricing research and decision-making
- A method to validate pricing strategy for a hotel’s rooms using a template developed by hoteliers
- A structure to review and update this strategy whenever you need to update it
- Best Practice process for developing your pricing customised to your property
- A reliable method to work out your competitors “Net Promoter Score”
- Develop a competitive advantage based on the analysis findings and repositioning the hotel by offering better value for money for consumers
- If you complete the exercises, you will have a pricing strategy for your hotel.
- This course can be a stand-alone course for people wanting to learn about the methods hoteliers can use to develop their marketing and commercial strategy
- You could be an asset owner, management company, holiday rental agent or hotelier looking for best practice for the industry body
- This course serves as a learning base for those who wish to do further study on any strategic marketing or commercial areas
- Hotel professionals wishing to learn more about managing the commercial area of a hotel or any accommodation business
- Those pursuing the HSMAI “Certificate in Business Acumen (Hospitality)“
This course is created by Hoteliers, for Hoteliers. The leaders in hotels around the world have worked together to create a curriculum for people looking to grow their careers in hospitality digital marketing. The authors of this course are the HSMAI Marketing Advisory Board which is made up of senior hoteliers working in the digital marketing field.
- HSMAI Members pay only US$55 for this short course
- Non-members pay only US$65 for the single course
- The course counts as credit towards earning a Certificate in Digital Marketing (Hospitality) or Certificate in Business Acumen (Hospitality)
- 12 months online access to course material
- Globally recognised, HSMAI accredited course